ComfyPlay® Playground Surfacing
ComfyPlay® Playground Surfacing is an innovative, unique and environmentally friendly playground surfacing material. Tried and tested, it has quickly become a favourite amongst parents and children alike. It is a very dry and absorbent fine woodchip product which is virtually dust-free. It makes a long lasting, comfortable and impact absorbing surface which does not cling to clothes or shoes.
Benefits of ComfyPlay®:
- Virtually Dust-Free
- Doesn’t blow away
- Long lasting
- Impact absorbing (see Installation & Maintenance Guidelines below)
- Excellent drainage
- Completely natural and biodegradable
- Low maintenance
- Easy to handle (23kg bales)
- Also available in cubic metre bags
Contact us now to discuss your ComfyPlay® Playground Surfacing requirements and for details of your nearest stockist.
ComfyPlay® Installation & Maintenance Guidelines:
- ComfyPlay® must be installed at a minimum layer thickness of 400mm from ground surface (200mm as required by ISEN1177 plus 200mm to allow for displacement through use).
- Ground surface must be level. If the ground is uneven and cannot be levelled, ComfyPlay® must be installed at 400mm from the highest point of the ground surface.
- The entire impact area must be covered. The use of a geotextile membrane underneath is recommended for weed and grass suppression.
- Surfacing should be free from any sharp edged parts or any hazardous projections.
- It must be ensured that a minimum layer thickness of 400mm is maintained at all times.
- Regular maintenance must be carried out with the material being raked back into position after use to ensure that the minimum layer thickness of 400mm is maintained at all times and also to avoid excessive compaction of the material.
- Material should be top-dressed on at least an annual basis to compensate for material breakdown and to ensure a minimum layer thickness of 400mm at all times.
- Regular measurements of the layer thickness/depth of the material must be carried out a various test positions to ensure that the depth is in excess of 400mm.
- It must be ensured that the distance between the test positions is not less than 500mm.
- Maintenance and inspection records should be maintained at all times.